East Range Academy of Science and Technology is dedicated to the safety for all students, parents, staff, and community members. ERATS is using the information set forth by the Minnesota Department of Education (MDE), Minnesota Department of Health (MDH), and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and other governing bodies to make informed decisions. This plan is subject to change based on the information from the resources mentioned.
2021-2022 Back to School Plan Power Point
Student, Parent, Staff Back to School Letter
Important COVID-19 Information
● We recommend that all students and staff, ages 12 and older, follow the CDC guidelines for vaccinations and get a vaccination.
● Transportation will be provided as usual. Masks must be worn on all school transportation (buses and vans). This is a federal mandate for all public transportation.
● In the school building, masks are not required, but strongly recommend for all students, staff, and visitors regardless of vaccination status
● Any students or staff who show symptoms of COVID-19 will be sent home immediately and will quarantine for 10 days. Any students or staff with a negative PCR test or a note from a physician with an alternative diagnosis will be allowed back into school. Siblings that are asymptomatic will not be sent home or required to quarantine. All students sent home for quarantine will be expected to continue their education.
● Any student or staff who test positive for COVID-19 will be required to follow the quarantine and isolation procedures of the Minnesota Department of Health. After 10 days of quarantine, they may return to the classroom if they are symptom free and if they have not had a fever without medication during the last 24 hours.
● Parents will be contacted individually by the school nurse if the student has been exposed to a positive case. If your child has no symptoms, they may continue attending in-person school. We recommend masking for 14 days after contact exposure if a student is not going to get tested or quarantined.
● The school nurse will individually contact students and parents to explain the situation and to quarantine procedures
● During the quarantine, the person will be on distance learning and expected to attend live online classes
● ERATS will continue to clean high-touch areas, offer hand sanitizer, and provide additional masks if needed.